Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It Was Due

And I have I'm using again. Yes, I went to H&M. Yes, I want to go back. Yes, I need to go back. Now! I need it now! Okay. It's not really as bad as it seems, but I went to the H&M at Glenbrook on the off chance that they had a winter coat that maybe wasn't horrible and still within my price range. Well...um. They had two. They actually had more than two, they had a lot, which was the bad thing because I wanted a lot of them. I basically got two coats for the price of the coat I was going to order, but remember that they illusive coat is still the best coat ever. I splurged and paid for the cheaper coat and mom got the more expensive one, albeit still extremely reasonably priced, and a hat, gloves, and cheap-ass sunglasses. I always lose them. Anyway, the tiny guys section at the Glenbrook H&M isn't horrible, but could use some work. More undies, definitely. But they have the best scarves ever there, and I think all of my apparel-related xmas offerings will come from there. Wow. So great. In other good clothing news, I found my pretty blue cashmere hat that matches my scarf. I screamed when I found it, because it's probably the only cashmere hat I'll ever get, and I lose my hats so often that I want to scream. Yeah.

Um, I'm in the Fort. Waiting to go back to B-town, but trying to use this time to spend with the family and remember exactly why I am happy to not be in this city. (To all of you skeptics: it is a city.) I wish I would have had one more day (prior) to come here and shop and fiddle-faddle around, but I had class and stuff. It'll be nice to be at the house while it's quiet for a few days and make a few extra pesos while I'm at it. Maybe go to the gym and do some homework. I know the latter will fall out from between my ears. Oops! It happens.

Carly and I just went to see the film adaptation of Rent. I was dissapointed. Why? The direction is horrible. Bad choices. Stupid choices. Great material and cast to work with, although Rosario Dawson's singing voice is obviously digitally manupulated and a little weak compared with her compadres. Bad directors make me want to cry and scream. In a bad way. I should start a blog about them.

We had a little Oliver Riesling 2004 with dinner tonight, which was tasty. I kind of want some more. Nothing better than drunk blogging. The crazy Marsh store by our house has a lot of Oliver wine, so even if we run out of some good vintages I know I can come back and maybe get some here. Our Chambourcin Nouveau is out, and is yummy...for a Nouveau. I have a so-so attitude toward Nouveau, and it's weird. It kind of grosses me out because it's red but not like normally fermented/aged dry red. I don't know, I don't know. This wine is yummy to taste, though, and I could chug it from the bottle, it goes down easily. Well, I feel this post is starting to dwindle in pointedness, so it's time to maybe watch TV or read or surf...or something. Ciao.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jace Mace said...

you found your blue hat!! i'm so excited! put it on next time your nose is cold

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home