Monday, February 13, 2006

I'd Rather Not Read

And this definetly counts as dawdling. While I should be headed to the gym and/or doing the insane amounts of homework that are ahead of me, instead, I am sitting here blathering away. I can use the excuse that I'm letting my homemade cherry-vanilla Irish oatmeal settle and finishing of my last coffee. Which I am, but that's entirely beside the point.

I have been slaving away at my full-length play for a week and a half or so now, and all I have come up with is a sorry fifteen pages of passable dialogue. I fell like the characters are coming through, but I need to be more specific with things, and less, blah blah blah. I need to figure out this tragectory for things, and I think I'm on my way, but the question is--how to get it Act One to 40 pages. I have a sketch of several scenes that I need, but I don't know where they fit in and what sort of dialogue to fill some of them with. Bah! Anyway, I need to finish up that and turn it in so that I can have a productive story conference with my professor and TA. Oy.

Yesterday morning I almost died in the shower. I was the first one up, aside from Stephanie--but she was gone already--and I got in the shower. Mind you, the shower has been utterly clogged with girl-hair for a few weeks, so when you take the shower you are standing in a pile of nasty water, and then when the water finally drains, it leaves a film of slippery ooey scum on the bottom of the tub. So yesterday, when I got in the tub I almost fell on my ass and busted my skull on the nasty blue ceramic tub. Instead of falling, though, I grabbed the wall (as much as one can grab a wall) and the shower door, making a huge racket and pulling a muscle in my leg. Good morning, Marty! Wahoo! Someone must Drain-o that bitch before I die a death under this shower's murky waters.

I just worked three freaking days in a row. While that's not a lot for the general public, it's about 24 hours of work this week, and, compared to the amount of time I should be spending on homework and classes, that is bad for my health. I like it because I'll make some sweet cash, but wow, what a workout. I stood for at least 7 hours each day, and Saturday was utter insanity. Luckily it was Chocolate Lovers' Weekend on the Uplands Wine Trail, so we gave out free samples of amazing local chocolate confections. We got to taste them before work, which was fun, but giving customers chocolate and running out at the end of the day was very annoying. Very. And yesterday for a while I had about half of the tasting bar to take care of and it was a little much, and I was going batty, because we didn't have a Barback (the person whose job it is to take care of washing glasses, refilling things, etc.) scheduled, so we all had to "keep an eye on things", which, when we were busy, meant that no one did the dishes and I panicked. But I had fun customers, and life is good when you give people free wine and chocolate all day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jace Mace said...

be careful mu! i want you to be safe and to come down to me!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home