Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Half of a Scene

And I only have three days until I am in New Orleans again. I cannot wait. Literally, I am trying to imagine myself there already with Jason, sitting in the Rue on Jason's iBook (which, I might add, is significantly faster than my own), reading the Times-Picayune, drinking some thing caffinated but not that good (sorry, their coffee isn't spectacular), and dreading the three or so block walk home for fear I might break a sweat. My play has come to a standstill, and I can't figure out where this one scene will go. I know the sort of comic tragectory for the thing, but I can't get it off of the ground. I also come across moments of what-is-the-point, and can't get past them. So I'm blogging. Whoopsie!

I'm also eating leftover yellow curry with veggies (eggplant, yellow pepper, red pepper, onion, broccoli, and sweet potato) and jasmine rice. It is good, but, saucewise, not the best curry I've made, but veggiewise, by far the most impressive. I do love a good curry. Nigella had a good recipe for curried sweet potoates in last Wednesday's NYTimes. Sounds good to me on a chilly day like this in Bloomy. But soon enough I will be in the muggy netherland of post-Katrina New Orleans, being happy. I just ate all of the curry--too much. Oh goodness, I feel bloated.

Tomorrow I have about thirty thousand billion things to accomplish--or these:
workout
Target
Kroger
Winery
play
reading (x4)
homework (x2)
eat
laundry
pack
clean
sleep (?)
...and more

Yeah, and I'm totally going to end up inversing the priority of these things so that the most important things, or most immediate (homework), will get put off until the end or completely forgotten. I have always been notorious for being the most anxious/excited person before things like vacations and holidays. It got to the point that I wouldn't sleep before Christmas aside from a few winks before I decided to wake my grouchy siblings so we could go enjoy the festivities. I love when things are different. Especially when it's planned.

Pause. OK. WEIRD. I have just had three, count 'em, three, invitations to be friends with some of my best middle school friends on facebook.com. Weird because it all happened in one day, and also weird because one is married--this girl I went to semi-formal with freshman year of high school--and one has twins (I knew this one, at least.). I just want to say congradulations to them, because I miss them and wish them well. Still. It's weird. Suddenly there is G-d so quickly! Thanks Blanche, for that moment in my own head.

Speaking of babies, DeAnna Gonzalez Ramirez's baby was born last week! Congrats! What makes this amazing isn't just little MaLena's amazingly talented, smart, kind, and funny mother, but that this baby was concieved during (arguably) the most physically straining month of her mother's life. At least that's how it was for me. 3-6 hours of Suzuki Training and Viewpoints every day, not to mention other classes and rehearsals lasting into the wee hours of the night. That baby sure has an awesome future ahead of her. I'm so proud. I wonder if Suzuki was a good preparation for childbirth?

Anyway, I really ought to get going. I'm reading Hilton Als's The Women for my Queer Performance/Theory class, and it is very good and lovely to read. WAIT! Before I go I need to profess my love for a wine. Oliver Winery's 2004 Creekbend Cabernet Sauvingon. It is so lovely. Aged over a year in only French oak barrels, this wine tastes like Indiana should--and that is a good thing. It is perfectly earthy and fruity--aromas of black currant and cassis, as well as a nice bitter chocolate and black walnut aroma. The black walnut comes back as lovely almost dusty sexy tannins after nice dark red fruit seduces you into it's lair. After the lackluster bottle-shocked non-estate bottled 2004 Cabernet Sauvingon, it was just what I needed this weekend. Super-yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home