Sunday, November 27, 2005

Gooseberries

And I will be going to the New Orleans soon! Not soon enough, I say, but still soon. I just booked my crazy flights on Northwest airlines so I may increase my frequent flyer miles! I am going to have to make sure I keep all of my luggage with me so that I don't have to worry about losing it in baggage claim land of stupid. Whatever that means. On the way to Nola I go from Indy to Detroit (which is Northwest's hub, and I almost always have to go there) and then I go to O'Hare (Chicago), and get on a flight that has to make a stop at Memphis before getting into N.O. Whew! That is going to be a big day of travel. Hopefully all will go well. New Orleans's airport is strange: it is the airport which serves the greater New Orleans area, is named the Louis Armstrong Internation Airport, and the initials for it are MSY. What? and Why? My mom asked an offhand question to me before I ordered the tickets: Are there people still living in the airport? No. MSY is crazy. Also, we have a smoke alarm which is low on batteries, so it chirps every few seconds. Lovely. I ate my first gooseberry today, albeit a dried one (from Trader Joe's!). Amazing. It's super tart, and you can't eat a whole one in one bite, or several, because it's just that tart. It's a guaranteed impetus for mouth watering. Fun, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home